PREPARING YOUNG PEOPLE
Progress from school to work
Employment Support (SLES)
Empower your choice when you take the next step
School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) is available for eligible Year 12 school leavers with disabilities under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
At Prestige Employment Solutions, we believe everyone can gain and sustain meaningful work with the right support. SLES is designed to prepare and equip young people to transition from school to employment.
Each person’s SLES supports will be different, our experienced Career Coaches work with individuals to provide meaningful, individualised capacity building activities.
What support you may receive from our SLES program?
- Comprehensive “ discovery” activities. Exploring job interests and skills.
- Work experience in real work settings.
- One-to-one job training at the worksite.
- Individualised support to build work readiness skills such as money handling, travel training, communications at the workplace.
- Development of a work profile.
Why should you choose Prestige Employment Solutions as your SLES provider?
There are many reasons to choose Prestige Employment Solutions as your SLES (School Leaver Employment Supports) provider. Some reasons include:
- Our SLES activities are based on growing and developing your work readiness skills in a real work setting
- You will be placed in work experience in the line of work that interests you
- We have access to our local employment network. This means you will be offered with a wide range of options for work experience placements.
- Our team have well over a decade of experiences in disability employment services. This means we will be able to create you tailored and individualised pathway to work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Year 12 school leavers with disabilities under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Your NDIS planner will determine whether you are eligible and will record this in your NDIS plan under “Finding and Keeping a Job”.
For more information, contact us today at: